Food Security and Sovereignty
Hot Water Tank w/ Automatic Temperature Control
This hot water tank technology is suitable for postharvest control of anthracnose in mangoes and papayas, and for chemical-free disinfestation of rice seeds for export.
Two models with capacities of 8 crates and 20 crates were developed jointly by the IABE, BIOMECH and PHTRC. Both models are heated with heavy-duty LPG burners, and equipped with a digital thermostat that is sensitive to 0.1oC. Temperature uniformity is kept within ± 0.5oC of the setpoint using a high-capacity water pump. The technology is suitable for postharvest control of anthracnose in mango and papaya, and for chemical-free disinfestation of rice seeds for export.
- With automatic temperature control for effective heat treatment of fruits and seeds
- With LPG burners to reduce power consumption
- Has bigger capacity than previous models that are limited to processing 200 kg of fruits per batch
- With high-capacity water pump
What We Need
- Potential adopters (exporters, major traders) willing to conduct commercial trials on the 20-crate model
- Technology adopters (traders, farmer associations) willing to provide feedback on the 8-crate model
- Funding support for commercial trials, impact assessment
Farmer associations, fruit traders, exporters of fruit and seeds